Ok world, I have had enough of this judging!
Everywhere I go, I see people judging each other by there looks, car, cloths, house, friends, music tastes, YOU NAME IT!!!! I myself am sick of it. Just because I wear black skinney jeans and tshirts doesn't mean I am a "no good low life".
And what about all those people complaining about my music? All I ever hear from people is how Simple Plan is bringin me down. Sure they may have listened to it and thought that it is depprssing music, so what? There life expearences are nowhere near the same as miine and thu they will never know the connection I have with that band. I have been wanting to do this and now here it is. There is nothing wrong with Simple Plan!!! NO there music is not deppressing. One may think it is but they sing about life! REAL LIFE!!! Does the lyrics of Simple Plan put a nice bandaide on our issues like christian music does? NO!! Forget the stupid bandaid. Why even try to hide our issues? Bands like Simple Plan, My Chemical Romance, Boys Like Girls, Every Avenue and Mayday Parade screw the bandaid and show what life really is. Sure! I don't have anything wrong with all the christian music these days with the cheesy over done Jesus loves you lyrics but thats not all life is. There is more to life than just hearing how great God is. (No offence)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0U0AlLVqpk&ob=av3e
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORsFFjt1x6Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oLw3D6V5Qk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD-2VsWaJo0&ob=av2e
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKG5efeJS8c -listen to the lyrics of these songs. Are they depressing or true?
-Kyle Sproul (PLEASE POST WHAT YOU THINK BELOW)
Everywhere I go, I see people judging each other by there looks, car, cloths, house, friends, music tastes, YOU NAME IT!!!! I myself am sick of it. Just because I wear black skinney jeans and tshirts doesn't mean I am a "no good low life".
And what about all those people complaining about my music? All I ever hear from people is how Simple Plan is bringin me down. Sure they may have listened to it and thought that it is depprssing music, so what? There life expearences are nowhere near the same as miine and thu they will never know the connection I have with that band. I have been wanting to do this and now here it is. There is nothing wrong with Simple Plan!!! NO there music is not deppressing. One may think it is but they sing about life! REAL LIFE!!! Does the lyrics of Simple Plan put a nice bandaide on our issues like christian music does? NO!! Forget the stupid bandaid. Why even try to hide our issues? Bands like Simple Plan, My Chemical Romance, Boys Like Girls, Every Avenue and Mayday Parade screw the bandaid and show what life really is. Sure! I don't have anything wrong with all the christian music these days with the cheesy over done Jesus loves you lyrics but thats not all life is. There is more to life than just hearing how great God is. (No offence)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0U0AlLVqpk&ob=av3e
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORsFFjt1x6Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oLw3D6V5Qk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD-2VsWaJo0&ob=av2e
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKG5efeJS8c -listen to the lyrics of these songs. Are they depressing or true?
-Kyle Sproul (PLEASE POST WHAT YOU THINK BELOW)
Post what you think below.
ReplyDeleteI just discovered your blog through a mutual followers, and I have to say, black skinny jeans are awesome. On a slightly more serious note, as both a Christian and a melancholic (ha, that's an understatement), I've had issues reconciling my faith with my depression. Something that I've come to realise is that brokenness, despair, and crap happening are all part of our lives. Some people claim that the angst of teenagers is mere illusion, but I would argue that our experiences with despair are just as important to acknowledge as poverty or [name your cause here]. Lots of Christians want to gloss over the uglier bits of life, perhaps because sometimes that ugliness threatens to overwhelm the beauty. I guess for me, I have to think about that ugliness before I can let myself hope that beauty is still out there - it's just important not to lose sight of it's existence. All truth is God's truth, even when it's uncomfortable.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you didn't really want some random stranger's thoughts, but I figured that since you asked... sorry.
Thanks for the feedback! It means a lot to me that someone out there understands.
ReplyDelete